Quality, Safety, Environment and Social Responsibility
The MARCHI GIOVANNI S.r.l. GROUP has been active for over 50 years in the textile industry. Through the companies MARCHI & FILDI S.p.a. and FILIDEA S.r.l. it carries out activities related to the manufacturing and marketing of yarns.
MARCHI & FILDI S.p.a. is located in Biella, 4/A Via Maestri del Lavoro, where it produces yarns for knitting and weaving (apparel and furnishing). The warehouse located in Verrone, 55 Strada Trossi, manages the logistics of finished product.
FILIDEA S.r.l (a joint venture with the Turkish Group Abalioglu Holding A.S.) has its headquarters and sales offices for knitting, weaving (both apparel and furnishing), and technical yarns, located in Biella, 4/A Via Maestri del Lavoro. A spinning pilot plant, where research and development in textiles is carried out, is located in Cerrione, 26 Via A. De Gasperi. The R&D department works with the most important Italian and European research institutes to seek the most innovative solutions, to be able to satisfy the continuously evolving needs of the customers. FILIDEA S.r.l. also carries out yarn dyeing activities in the same location, while the logistics of finished product is carried out in the warehouse located in Verrone, 55 Strada Trossi.
This Policy defines the objectives and guidelines of the Group, to satisfy its Customers, respecting the environment, preventing significant accidents and injuries and protecting the health of its employees.
The Companies commit themselves to:
- Guarantee to customers continuous information and support on product application developments, beyond products and services that comply with the required and implicit requirements;
- Guarantee stakeholders the respect for the environment, a safe workplace and suitable health surveillance of the employees;
- Develop their processes with a continuous attention to improve the effectiveness of the adopted management system, using the best and economically compliant technology available;
- Take all necessary measures, within the limits of the available and economically compliant technological feasibility, to prevent any form of pollution, or, in any case, to reduce them to a minimum. This is carried out by monitoring the production process, in particular the consumption of water and energy and the production of waste. The Group tries to minimize the amount of resources needed and the amount of waste produced, promoting its recovery and recycling where possible, and rationalizing the use of natural and energy resources trying to use energy from renewable sources whenever possible;
- Respect the laws and regulations and any voluntary agreements on pollution prevention, environmental emergency management, environmental protection, occupational health and safety as well as product safety. The environmental consequences are assessed in advance and the impact on the safety and health of the employees of all new activities and all new products and processes;
- Ensure cooperation with public authorities to establish and update emergency procedures to minimize the outcomes of an emergency with consequent inadvertent impact on the environment that could nevertheless occur;
- Promote a continuous development of the employees to reinforce an individual as well as corporate culture aimed at:
- Respecting the environment, protecting the health, strengthening the safety, which are moral duties towards colleagues, the community and the territory;
- Meeting the needs of customers, including binding regulations related to products, while maintaining with them transparency on products, processes and personnel.
- Arrange measures to ensure that contractors working on behalf of the company in one of the facilities, operate in accordance with our principles of safety and environmental protection.
- Use, where possible, materials that are sustainable or that can be reused at the end of their life cycle;
- Provide human and instrumental resources necessary to achieve the objectives of the Company.
The Board delineates and periodically reviews the objectives of the Company, the applied management system and the integrated policy on quality, safety, environment and social responsibility according to the following guidelines:
- Strengthening and developing the current market position by creating products which can satisfy the growing needs and requests of customers;
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes, the environmental and safety performance of the facilities of the Group by adopting precautionary measures;
- Strengthening the performance and monitoring of the objectives of the Group, making it flexible for a prompt and agile response to the customers and the stakeholders.
In order to achieve such goals, the engagement of the staff in its entirety, including the health and safety representatives, is paramount. The responsibility in the management of the company encompasses the entire organisation, from the top management down to the hierarchical structure, each individual with their own responsibility.
The Group therefore expects all staff to maintain their commitment and cooperation, showing the already proven professionalism to achieve the established strategic targets.
The Group is committed to the respect of the main regulations of ILO (International Labour Organization), national laws and collective agreements, with regards to:
- Freedom of association and the right to collective agreement
- Child labour
- Under-age labour
- Health & Safety
- Salute e sicurezza
- Prevention of any discrimination and abuse incident
- Consistency and transparency in employment contracts, in the recording of working hours and in the payment of due salaries.
The Company appointed a person who is responsible for the Social Compliance Management and who supervises:
- The compliance with social criteria and the implementation of necessary measures
- That workers are informed in the local language about the content of the minimal social criteria and any other related information linked to them, provided by any regulation (GOTS and / or GRS)
- That workers are allowed to appoint their own representative for matters of Social Responsibility, whom can discuss with the Management about the implementation of social criteria and their compliance.
- That the use of disciplinary actions, termination of employment or other forms of discrimination towards workers, who provide information relating to compliance with social criteria, are avoided.
The Group is also committed to provide technical, economical and professional tools, needed to fully achieve the objectives of the Social Responsibility Policy, illustrated within this document.
The Group and its co-workers are also committed to reduce their impact on the environment, decreasing emissions and energy needs, to improve the ecosystem and the quality of life of the communities in the area in which they operate, creating new products shaped around sustainability and to promote a greener vision in Textiles.
The Group does not want its commitment to be limited exclusively to the area in which it operates, and this is why it chose to join associations, support certifications and develop studies such as:
- BCI, Better Cotton Initiative, a non-profit organization established to make global cotton production better for those who cultivate it, for the environment in which it is grown and for the future of Textiles by creating a sustainable commodity.
- FSC, Forest Stewardship Council, an environmental certification promoting responsible management of forests and plantations.
- GRS, Global Recycle Standard, a certification that promotes responsible and sustainable development in Textiles, reviewing the content of materials in products and verifying the compliance with environmental and social criteria.
- LCA, Life Cycle Assessment, a study on the life of the sustainable products of the Company, that provides measurable data and complete information to customers and consumers, quantifying the impact of such productions compared to traditional ones.
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100, a certification that verifies the compliance of products with the human and ecological requirements of the Standard.
- Tessile e Salute, a declaration by the Tessile e Salute Association (Textile and Health Association), that verifies the requirements on product traceability and on the composition of chemical substances used, to protect the end-user and the workers.
- Traceability & Fashion, a certificate that demonstrates the compliance of products that can be fully traced, in the interest of transparency towards the customer and the textile industry.
This policy is distributed at all levels of the Company, and it is the duty of everyone to cooperate actively, within their role, to improve the management of every area.